Create a Microsoft Visio 3D map
Directional Map 3D (Maps and Floor Plans).
Source: Microsoft website Create a map in Visio February 2011.
Applies to MS Visio 2003 and 2007.
3-D directional map diagram.
- On the File tab, select New.
- Under Template Categories, click Maps and Floor Plans, select Directional Map 3D Create.
- From Directional Map Shapes 3D, drag road shapes onto the drawing page. You can duplicate road shapes by selecting the shape, and then pressing CTRL+D. Repeat to create multiple road segments.
- Align the shapes to create the road configuration you want.
- To nudge a shape into position, select the shape and then press the arrow key that represents the direction you want.
- To create a longer road or a road grid that can be moved as a single unit, group multiple road shapes together.
- Drag other shapes, such as bridges, buildings, and cars onto your map.
- To rotate a selected shape, drag the Rotation handle .
- To add text to shapes, select a shape, and then type.
A decent tutorial Microsoft Visio 2007: How to Create a 3-D Directional Map was once found on website grok.lsu.edu. Not any more.
However, how to create a 3D object in Visio? By 3D, it’s meant a diagram or graphic that has a z-axis like a cube or pyramid. This structure can be viewed rotated, flown through etc.
There is an addon for Visio, called 3D Visioner. Its commercial, but there is a free trial so might be worth a shot.